Friday, July 21, 2006

I got some new toys yesterday...some authentic military gear from one of my sweet boys. Aside from my KA-BAR (a really nifty knife), he's given me all sorts of little things. Yesterday it was some olive-drab tape (less sticky than duct tape), new laces for my boots, some incredibly sexy black zip-ties, and some olive parachute cord. My favorite was the cord...it looks very nice wound around bits! Thanks for feeding my growing military fetish (you know who you are)!

It's funny that I can be so peace-loving and have such a mean streak! I was talking to some friends last night about it, and I figured out why I love military gear so much. It's extremely utilitarian...stark, simple, no frills, and it works. It carries with it an air of menace, especially since we all know this shit is used every day in definitely not-so-sexy ways. I'm not a big fan of camoflouge clothing unless it's authentic (although I do have one matching skirt and thong in spandex...it's just too funny to irritate the utilitarian part of me!).

Here's a shot of me and a former play partner, taken by Malixe a couple years ago. The outfit is still one of my favorites!

2 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the symbolism of a woman standing over a kneeling or prostrate male with her boot or high heel planted firmly on his back. It says it all for me.
Yours, P.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Miss Candy said...

It does, doesn't it?

Of course, that isn't a man I'm stepping on...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home